Follow our tutorial to learn how to install the official Snapchat app to your Amazon Fire Phone. Snapchat is not available through the Amazon Appstore, so we will need to install the Google Play Store to our phone and download Snapchat through Google Play.
Before we begin, please make sure your Fire Phone is on the latest Fire OS (220.127.116.11).
How-to Install Snapchat to Fire Phone
Note: Snapchat requires Google Play Services, therefore if you try to just sideload the Snapchat .APK file, you will receive a “Snapchat won’t run without Google Play services, which are missing from your phone” error. You will need to install the Google Play Store to download and run Snapchat on your Fire Phone.
1. Under Settings > Applications & Parental Controls > Allow non-Amazon app installation– turn on App Installation.
2. Now we will need to install four files. First, open the Silk Browser and download and install Google Services Framework here:
3. Next, download and install Google Play Services here:
4. Next, download and install Google Account Manager here:
5. Finally, download and install Google Play Store here:
6. Restart the Fire Phone.
7. Open Google Play Store and sign in with your Google Account (or create one if you do not have one). Search for Snapchat and hit Install.
You will be able to update Snapchat directly through Google Play whenever an update is available.
If you are having any problems or have any questions, please leave us a comment below.